<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
French Sim cards (Read 9,957 times)
reggie

French Sim cards
Jul 21st, 2006 at 1:25pm

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced French Sim card, preferably pay as you go and where any balance isn't lost. I did buy a United mobile card, but tho' it seemed a good idea at the time-- no charge for receiving calls the snag is that the number is a Lichtenstein mobile  so not very good for people phoning you. Fortunately we have 2 phones so we can use this card up for outgoing calls but it would be good to get a French one. Anyway be warned it is important to know what kind of  number you receive with the Sim. It's a bit like the service for getting faxes by email-- no charge to the receiver but an0870 number for the sender!!

IP Logged

farci

Glasgow
Re: French Sim cards
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2006 at 2:36pm

reggie wrote on Jul 21st, 2006 at 1:25pm:
Does anyone know of a reasonably priced French Sim card, preferably pay as you go and where any balance isn't lost. I did buy a United mobile card, but tho' it seemed a good idea at the time-- no charge for receiving calls the snag is that the number is a Lichtenstein mobile  so not very good for people phoning you. Fortunately we have 2 phones so we can use this card up for outgoing calls but it would be good to get a French one. Anyway be warned it is important to know what kind of  number you receive with the Sim. It's a bit like the service for getting faxes by email-- no charge to the receiver but an0870 number for the sender!!

A French friend of mine has usedthe 'Ma Puce' option at http://www.debitel.fr/ but I don't know if you need to be a French resident. As a true follower of this site you will wish to avoid the 'No. Azur' but there is an e-mail address.

By the way, if like me you use eFax as your fax-e-mail provider you can now ask them for an 01x number thereby striking another blow for freedom and avoiding the 0870 trap for your correspondents

IP Logged

madeleine

Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2006 at 3:25pm

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced French Sim card, preferably pay as you go and where any balance isn't lost. I did buy a United mobile card,

why dont u try one of the new free roaming companies like

www.simplytravelsim.com
www.0044.co.uk/&;
www.sim4travel.com/

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2006 at 2:19am

madeleine wrote on Jul 21st, 2006 at 3:25pm:
Does anyone know of a reasonably priced French Sim card, preferably pay as you go and where any balance isn't lost. I did buy a United mobile card,

why dont u try one of the new free roaming companies like 

He already has one of those.

France has 3 main networks and about a dozen virtual operators. The tariffs are not as competitive as here, so I'd suggest callback with it, to make calls from 10 or 12 pence a minute

Most French SIMs are shorter lived than we are used to, depending on top-ups to stay valid. But NRJ Mobile has a similar condition to UK SIMs: use every 6 months

Study them at http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/france.html

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Oct 25th, 2006 at 11:51pm

andy9 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2006 at 2:19am:
Most French SIMs are shorter lived than we are used to, depending on top-ups to stay valid. But NRJ Mobile has a similar condition to UK SIMs: use every 6 months

Study them at http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/france.html

I believe NRJ may have shortened the validity condition, now similar to the others

apologies for bumping the thread, I meant to merely edit the other post
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2006 at 11:55pm by andy9 »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, DaveM, Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge