<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AOL Talk (Read 5,731 times)
Heikoworld

AOL Talk
Sep 13th, 2006 at 5:38pm

I have been with AOL for the last 18 months, (before you say not AOL) read on.
I have the Platinum BB at 8mbps, we also have AOL talk, that is our calls are through AOL, all geographic numbers are 100% free anytime, non geographic numbers ie; 08xx are ALL BILLED BY THE SECOND, so I really don`t have an 0870/0845 problem even 0871, 0800 are obviouslt Free.  I cannot speak for premium 09xx calls as I never use them.
In 18 months we have had only two dropped connections 1 was on 7/7/05 the day they decided to bomb London as the phone lines arrive at AOL mainly through the underground.
Mobile numbers are different, AOL Talk customers are charged around 13ppm, then, we have a rule, we never dial mobile numbers, we use the mobile phone for that.

Heiko

IP Logged

orsonkart
Ex Member

Re: AOL Talk
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2006 at 6:41pm

£7.99 a month for AOL unlimited talk is not great Wink.

You can make approximately 267 geographical  calls on 1899 for that . Do you make that many calls?Plus you can get FREE evening and weekend calls from Primus Saver 2.The beauty of that is you dont pay for either of those services when you dont need them eg holiday.

www.1899.com

http://www.planet-talk.co.uk/SaverProducts.aspx?source=saver

As you point out AOL Mobile Calls are not cheap,nor are their NGN,or Intl Calls.

www.18185.co.uk would be a better bet for them. Smiley

They have also just started charging New Customers to call their 0870 customer service number . Shocked
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2006 at 6:43pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Heikoworld

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2006 at 9:16pm

Quote:
£7.99 a month for AOL unlimited talk is not great Wink.

You can make approximately 267 geographical  calls on 1899 for that . Do you make that many calls?Plus you can get FREE evening and weekend calls from Primus Saver 2.The beauty of that is you dont pay for either of those services when you dont need them eg holiday.

www.1899.com

http://www.planet-talk.co.uk/SaverProducts.aspx?source=saver

As you point out AOL Mobile Calls are not cheap,nor are their NGN,or Intl Calls.

www.18185.co.uk would be a better bet for them. Smiley

They have also just started charging New Customers to call their 0870 customer service number . Shocked

orsonkart, I am not being rude but read my post, we have been with AOL 18 months, so we only pay £5.99 for AOL Talk and I did say ALL NGN ARE BILLED BY THE SECONDall geographic numbers are FREE ALL THE TIME.

Edit: Being a customer for 18 months we don`t pay for the 0870 customer services number.
Heiko
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2006 at 9:22pm by Heikoworld »  

IP Logged

orsonkart
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2006 at 11:35pm

Thanks i   read your post in the first place  ,but as you didnt say how much you were paying originally  i assumed that you were paying the full rate.I managed to grasp the fact  the geographical call package you are on is  unlimited hence my stab at £7.99  and was aware that  they operate  second billing.
I also gathered that  being a longer established customer you would not have to pay to call the 0870 customer service number,unless your phone was out of service of course. Wink

However £5.99p is itself equal  to approx 200 geographical calls a month on 1899.Do you make that many calls each month?

Whilst i appreciate that second billing is a godsend,you still have to pay their  more expensive then BT at most time 0845/0870 rates, if you have to make such calls.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2006 at 11:51pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge