Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Onetel sent me a letter (Read 9,793 times)
Justin

Thatfreebie.com
Onetel sent me a letter
Sep 20th, 2006 at 2:01pm

Hi,

I have been using onetel (1877) for cheap calls over seas and today i got a letter saying that has from the 1st of October i would no longer be able to use them to make calls I have used onetel for over 6 years and this is the thanks i get. They Then go on in the letter saying i should register with talktalk and use 18418, So i rang up onetel and got threw to someone in there india call centre my account is £7.73 in credit and the only way i can get a refund is by giving her my credit/debit card details there is no way i am giving my card details over the phone to someone in India. Anyone else get this letter???

Justin

Why not visit www.thatfreebie.com Smiley and enjoy freebies Smiley

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Re: Onetel sent me a letter
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2006 at 3:55pm

Can't advise on how to 'recover' your £7.73 (did you pre-pay in some way?) and, in any case, they've not been at the top of the tree for residential telephony money-saving for some time.

In isolation, there are much cheaper ways to make international calls (I assume you pay your line rental to BT).

1. Check for the cheapest provider for the country you want on the MSE International Callchecker or on Niftylist;

2. If all the countries you call are included in the following 28 - Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland or USA - consider signing up for Euphony's £7.25/month euTalk+12 or £4.33/month euTalk+18 CPS service.
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2006 at 3:58pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

nutellajunkie

[GURU MEDITATION]

Alba
Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2006 at 6:25pm

Unfortunatly the only way you will be able to get that amount back is to give it over the phone. If your worried about fraud or theft, just make a note of whom you spoke to, full name, and ask them to spell it (including them confusing accents)

And yes, that is the thanks you get from onetel. All I say is good riddence to them, and good luck with talk-talk.. I swear blind I will never use no other company to call apart from ntl:telewest (been a customer for a decade) and using niftylist and voip for int'l calls.

my opinion, stay away from anything remotely connected with onetel or their management.

Call 0800/0808/0500 with no credit! True unlimited talk/text/data. PM for recipe.
IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2006 at 7:53pm

If you're, even for a moment, considering Talk Talk Justin, please have aread of the below post on MSE first!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=2997071&postcount=95

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

jamesbond

Suffolk
Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2006 at 10:04pm

Hi there!

Onetel may on the face of it be possibly be a bad company, however I have sent Justin a PM with contact details.  I have been with Onetel a few years, however I have been fortunate in contacting staff at Onetel in London, both with email addresses and telephone numbers.

James Bond

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #5 - Sep 23rd, 2006 at 11:00am

jamesbond wrote on Sep 22nd, 2006 at 10:04pm:
Onetel may on the face of it be possibly be a bad company, however I have sent Justin a PM with contact details.  I have been with Onetel a few years, however I have been fortunate in contacting staff at Onetel in London, both with email addresses and telephone numbers.

James Bond

I was with them for a number of years too but, unfortunately, the 'amalgamation' of Tele2, OneTel, Talk Talk, Carphone Warehouse, JustDial et al appears to have been the start of a downward spiral, certainly on the customer services side.
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2006 at 11:00am by Heinz »  

IP Logged

Justin

Thatfreebie.com
Reply #6 - Sep 23rd, 2006 at 1:58pm

Thanks for the PM Jamesbond, I`m with Talktalk at the moment and will stay with talktalk for landline because all i pay is £11 a month for free evening and weekend phonecalls and free voice mail and caller display. when my evening and weekend calls runs out i will look around. After thinking about my credit of £7.73 i am going to get it back but still refuse to give my card details to someone in India, I will keep you all posted

Justin

IP Logged

Justin

Thatfreebie.com
Reply #7 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 6:18pm

I got my refund today by cheuqe i know this took long but in the end i won Smiley

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 7:38pm

Justin wrote on Nov 2nd, 2006 at 6:18pm:
I got my refund today by cheuqe i know this took long but in the end i won Smiley

Time to move on then (click below).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge