<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
mobile phones (Read 7,039 times)
reggie

mobile phones
Sep 26th, 2006 at 1:34pm

I recently went to Carphone Warehouse to get an upgrade on my T mobile contracted 'phone. I was spending  between £25 and £30 per month. They suggested I switch to Orange with a contract costing £30 per month  200 free minutes to all networks and 75 free texts and I would then claim a cashback rebate of £15 per month for 12 months to be claimed at 4 monthly intervals( 3 times in the year). Looking back at my bills I haven't usually used that many minutes but I could use it more and my landline less to make use of the free minutes. It looks like a good deal to me but am wondering if there are any catches that you clever people know about and whether there is something even better I should go for.

IP Logged

Justin

Thatfreebie.com
Re: mobile phones
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2006 at 2:11pm

I am with 3 I took out a 18 month contract and got 500 mins anytime anynetwork and 100 text messages I only pay £4.99 a month but have to redem the other £25 every 3 months (£75 goes into my bank within 14 days) What you are on is ok but do not forget or loss the vouchers that you send in. I use all my texts up and around 250 mins i have never used all 500 mins has i hate taking on the phone lol. Why not shop around and see what other deals companys have because i am sure for your 30£ a month you can get more free stuff with it.

Why not visit www.thatfreebie.com Smiley and enjoy freebies Smiley

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2006 at 5:11pm

There are some companies offering a new mobile phone with 12 months free line rental on a 12 month contract.

I have quite a few ongoing contracts at any one time this way.  At the end of the 12 months, I have a phone I can sell, so in effect I'm actually being paid to have a phone!!

However, there is of course the small matter of sending in the claim forms, usually by recorded delivery.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2006 at 1:05am

Forget the Carphone Warehouse deals !

Take a look at the One Stop Phone Shop (same group) as they have some better deals on
0800 093 9999

I recently took the £30 Orange Canary deal with a Sony Ericson K800i. On an 18 month deal I get 325 minutes, 150 Texts, 100 Off peak minutes, Magic number every 6 months (calls to nominated number upto 1 hour costs 1 minute), 6 months half price (in 3 x 4 monthly cashback cheques & £31 autocheque after 90 days), 3 months FREE Insurance, 3 months FREE 1Gb Data, 3 months FREE Video calling, 3 months FREE 30 Photo messages, 1 month FREE trial Orange World, 1 month FREE trial 3Mb GPRS. Oh and I forgot the FREE gift (the less said about that the better !!)

Then there was the FREE ORANGE/Wanadoo Broadband deal I got for my Mum (and my daughter - as I got 2 phones packages from them).
Also every Wednesday is BOGOF for the local cinema tickets.  Shocked

Sweet deal !  Roll Eyes

Now all I have to do is remember to send in the Cashback Claims !   Huh

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Sep 27th, 2006 at 9:33pm

D*mn. I signed up via one of the site's older links last month and so miss the free broadband (would have been welcome after Euro1net's demise), but the Canary [ye gods, who thinks of these fool names?] tariff is pretty good. I have the RD envelopes and forms ready.  Smiley

So thank you - again.

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 5:13pm

I've just ordered yet another phone!!

I've got Canary on Orange, for £30 a month, with a Motorola V3 RAZR black.

However, I get 12 months worth of free line rental, meaning I just get free minutes, quidco cashback, and a decent phone to sell.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge